E.P.T.C Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Breeding Guide

Go down

Pokemon Breeding Guide Empty Pokemon Breeding Guide

Post by Z-man Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:47 pm

dont know how to breed in your pokemon game? you have come to the right place! anyway lets skip the chatting and move right into the details. there are many aspects of pokemon breeding, as you will soon discover. i will instruct you on how to hatch what pokes you are looking for, over time that is. i say "over time" because breeding is somewhat unpredictable. you can influence what will hatch from eggs, but you CAN NOT control what will.

:O What?!?! how do i influence what pokes will hatch?! the answer to this is... not very hard to understand, but it does require alot of work on your part, most of the time. so lets get started!

as you may know, certain items effect what pokemon will hatch from said eggs. there are quite a few, actually, and i will list them and their functions in my next post

Last edited by Z-man on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z-man
Z-man
4th Hokage/Pokemon Gym 2 Leader

Mood : frustrated -_-
Number of posts : 5919
Male Reputation : 159

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Breeding Guide Empty Re: Pokemon Breeding Guide

Post by Z-man Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:12 pm

items that effect breeding:

everstone: one the most commonly used items, when attached to a ditto or the mother pokemon, the offspring will have a 50% higher chance of having the same nature as the ditto or mother.

power items: in the latest pokemon games (HG, SS) these items were given a new use. when given to any parent, the offspring will likely have identical ivs in the corresponding stat as the parent given the item. for example, you have a male charizard with max speed iv. it would sure be nice for your hatchling to have that speed iv too, right? simply equip said charizard with a power anklet (boosts speed ev gain as well), breed it, and your newborn charmander should have the same speed iv.
.power bracer for passing on attack iv
.power lens for passing on special attack iv
.power anklet for passing on speed iv
.power band for passing on special defense iv
.power belt for passing on defense iv
.power weight for passing on hp iv
*note* everstone and a power item may both be used when breeding. just make sure the female pokemon or ditto gets the everstone if you want the specific nature.

*more to be added soon*
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:11 pm

"oh ok thats cool but hatching eggs takes forever!!" >:/
dont worry, there is a way to speed up the egg hatching process, after all it can be very time consuming. all you have to do is place a pokemon with the ability Flame Body or Magma armor in the first slot of your party, and proceed to hatch eggs as usual. this cuts egg hatching time down by about half in most cases.
Note: having multiple pokes with this ability will not speed up the process any further.
Another Note: pokemon with said abilities include camerupt, magcargo, magmortar, and their pre-evolved forms
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down