E.P.T.C Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gym Champion Reward Poll

+6
stardust
CTrainer
DARKRAICLONE
DoubleE
Scorpio13
Z-man
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

the reward(s) should be...

Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]
Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Empty Gym Champion Reward Poll

Post by Z-man Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

once we have 8 active gyms, what do you guys think should be the reward? i say instant sannin rank and an entire team of the winner's choice (would need some1 to help with that). anyway post your suggestions / vote Very Happy
Z-man
Z-man
4th Hokage/Pokemon Gym 2 Leader

Mood : frustrated -_-
Number of posts : 5919
Male Reputation : 159

Back to top Go down

Gym Champion Reward Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Gym Champion Reward Poll

Post by Z-man Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:48 pm

AmyLeeXD wrote:I would say a new rank, 'The Pokemon League Champion'.
And if a second person beats all the gyms, the have to challenge and beat the current champion to gain the title.

Also, there should be a points reward.

That's what I think.
idk about the title part. it would be really annoying if after beating all gyms u could lose your special rank just like that. id say make a rank like "E.P.T.C Pokemon Gym Champions"
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieguy88 Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:03 pm

hmm, I prefer Amys idea...
Pieguy88
Pieguy88
Hokage's Assistant
Hokage's Assistant

Mood : dead
Number of posts : 2635
Male Reputation : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Empoleon_Ruler Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Z-man wrote:
AmyLeeXD wrote:I would say a new rank, 'The Pokemon League Champion'.
And if a second person beats all the gyms, the have to challenge and beat the current champion to gain the title.

Also, there should be a points reward.

That's what I think.
idk about the title part. it would be really annoying if after beating all gyms u could lose your special rank just like that. id say make a rank like "E.P.T.C Pokemon Gym Champions"

yeah! that would be a big downside. maybe just everyone who would beat all the gyms could have the title. no competition involved
Empoleon_Ruler
Empoleon_Ruler
Level 12

Mood : pretty mellow
Number of posts : 237
Male Reputation : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:57 pm

@ pie: Toungue
@ empoleon: Very Happy yea
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by CTrainer Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:01 pm

I think it is definately better as a title instead of making a whole new group and i like the idea of overthrowing the champ cause that makes more competition and all only problem with that is if the old champ can gain the title again by another challenge or if u lose it then u lost, either way i like amy's idea better thumbs up
CTrainer
CTrainer
Level 35

Mood : Super Lorie-ish! / CTerrific!!
Number of posts : 1736
Male Reputation : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:03 pm

but then ppl will constantly be changing titles, there would be no order. and your saying its fair for some1 who devoted time and effort into beating all the gyms, to lose their deserved spot, simply because they lose once?
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by CTrainer Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Z-man wrote:but then ppl will constantly be changing titles, there would be no order. and your saying its fair for some1 who devoted time and effort into beating all the gyms, to lose their deserved spot, simply because they lose once?
Fine make it into a champions tourney every so often that more than 1 person beats all the gyms. But seriously z the only person to beat nearly all of the gyms when there was only 4 was daz and now u think everyone is going to win so easily? I mean its not going to be that easy for people and even if more than 1 person wins why not? i mean they won all of their badges in one battle right? And it ensumes competition to be the champion of eptc
CTrainer
CTrainer
Level 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:15 pm

well think of it this way... say in the future, there are, lets say 3 ppl who have all beaten all the gyms. the champ would constantly be under pressure to battle, while those who also won, but arent the champ, dont get any sort of title until they beat the champ, if they ever do. i mean i see what you mean, it would be cooler and probly more interesting the other way, but suppose the champ just wants to relax after winning, or their wifi dies, or a much stronger trainer comes along, destroys their team, forcing them out of their spot. and if the less experienced trainer simply cant beat the new champ then what? maybe im overthinking things but thats the way i see it.
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Empoleon_Ruler Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Z-man wrote:well think of it this way... say in the future, there are, lets say 3 ppl who have all beaten all the gyms. the champ would constantly be under pressure to battle, while those who also won, but arent the champ, dont get any sort of title until they beat the champ, if they ever do. i mean i see what you mean, it would be cooler and probly more interesting the other way, but suppose the champ just wants to relax after winning, or their wifi dies, or a much stronger trainer comes along, destroys their team, forcing them out of their spot. and if the less experienced trainer simply cant beat the new champ then what? maybe im overthinking things but thats the way i see it.

yeah, i think it would be more convenient for others this way Smile i vote a-man's idea thumbs up
Empoleon_Ruler
Empoleon_Ruler
Level 12

Back to top Go down

Post by CTrainer Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:29 pm

I think ur overthinking it plus if someone is good enough to stay champ then why not? I mean that makes them have the title for how ever long and as champ u can probs make rules like o no battling this week or something but eventually u would have to battle or u loose ur title no matter what.
CTrainer
CTrainer
Level 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Empoleon_Ruler Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:31 pm

it's just the thought that after all of your hard work in beating the gyms and getting a title, then just bieng able to lose it all in just one battle is the thing that would scare most people
Empoleon_Ruler
Empoleon_Ruler
Level 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:39 pm

yea i mean w/ rules like that... i personally wouldnt think it was worth it. but thats just me.

i think it should b more like, "you finally made it, your now a gym champ" instead of "you finally made it, now battle or u lose your spot"
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by CTrainer Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Z-man wrote:yea i mean w/ rules like that... i personally wouldnt think it was worth it. but thats just me.

i think it should b more like, "you finally made it, your now a gym champ" instead of "you finally made it, now battle or u lose your spot"
ok but what else is there to do after u beat the gyms hu? there isnt any in ur situation basically u won and ur a champ now what do u do in the involvement with the gyms or interactive battling with the site. And i think ur taking it out of porportion that sooo many people or more than two or three will be able to or want to beat all of the gyms
CTrainer
CTrainer
Level 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:47 pm

CTrainer wrote:
Z-man wrote:yea i mean w/ rules like that... i personally wouldnt think it was worth it. but thats just me.

ok but what else is there to do after u beat the gyms hu? there isnt any in ur situation basically u won and ur a champ now what do u do in the involvement with the gyms or interactive battling with the site. And i think ur taking it out of porportion that sooo many people or more than two or three will be able to or want to beat all of the gyms
not really... i mean it only takes 2 ppl for that to happen. and the whole objective is to earn your title as champ, and besides, no one is even champ now, i dont think the "what now?" thing would really be an issue
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyLeeXD Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 pm

How about this? There is a group 'eptc pokemon champions' and ALSO a rank. So anyone who beats all the gym is recognized, but the trainer who holds the title still gets their title. And for the constant battling thing, i think it'd be okay for if they are challenged, them to have 1 week, maybe 2 to actually battle. Thats a fair break, dont you think?
AmyLeeXD
AmyLeeXD
3rd Hokage//Pokemon Gym 1 Co-Leader
3rd Hokage//Pokemon Gym 1 Co-Leader

Mood : Sick.
Number of posts : 2122
Female Reputation : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by CTrainer Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Hmm good idea also what we could do is the rank of EPTC Pokemon Champion as well as, for champs who lost to the current champ be EPTC Past Champion. Its not perfect but instead of creating an all new group i think ranks are more fitting for this than a group
CTrainer
CTrainer
Level 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:12 am

...well idk, we seem to be on opposite sides of the fence, which is good, because it allows us to come up with new solutions. but i dont agree, perhaps a poll would settle this.
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieguy88 Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 am

I dont really see why giving them a team would be necesssary, as that've obviously already got a good team...
Pieguy88
Pieguy88
Hokage's Assistant
Hokage's Assistant

Mood : dead
Number of posts : 2635
Male Reputation : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by stardust Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:17 pm

you could have the champion and then past champions would just be in a rank for hall of fame, like Hall of Farmers..something like that. and the Champion a Title, like the titles for gyms, they go under ur names.
stardust
stardust
Pokemon Master

Mood : odd
Number of posts : 6545
Male Reputation : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieguy88 Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:50 am

Hall of Farmers? scratch xD
Pieguy88
Pieguy88